21-year-old racer crashed to death during a rallyOctober 11, 2020
Spanish racer Laura Salvo crashed to her death during a rally in Portugal, Mundo Deportivo reported.
The 21-year-old athlete was a navigator in a car driven by Miguel Sosias. The vehicle flew off the track and crashed into a pine tree.
Despite the timely arrival of doctors, Salvo was not saved. The racer died on the spot. The rally was stopped.
The tandem of Sosias and Salvo won the rally in Gijon, Spain, driving the Peugeot 208 Rally4. Last season, the athlete competed with Miguel Garcia in the Suzuki Swift Cup.
- Rare mid-engined Peugeot 207 THP Spider spotted
- Extra mirrors made for Jeep Wrangler
- Drag racing: BMW M2 CS vs Jaguar F-Type
- Pickup Mazda BT-50 received two new versions
- China to ban sales of gasoline and diesel cars from 2035