1969 Volkswagen pickup truck became an electric carMarch 28, 2020
Using technology from the American Tesla Corporation, an electric car was made from a 1969 Volkswagen pickup truck. Without recharging the car is able to cover a distance of 400 km.
Together with a conventional motor, experts installed a Tesla Model S Performance electric motor, approximately 10 times the original performance.
In addition, the place of the original 1969 VW battery was taken by a 100 kWh battery from the American Model X cross. Thanks to all these upgrades, one of the most popular pickups of the 70s can accelerate to the first “hundred” in just 5 seconds.
As the owner noted, in his own car, which he operates every day, he wanted to combine the classic Volkswagen image of the 70s with modern technology.
- Police will start sharing fines with informants
- Toyota Supra with Tesla filling in development
- Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix stopped due to terrible accident of Roman Grosjean
- Ford GT chief designer put his creation up for sale
- Hyundai and Kia fined for problem engines