1969 Volkswagen pickup truck became an electric carMarch 28, 2020
Using technology from the American Tesla Corporation, an electric car was made from a 1969 Volkswagen pickup truck. Without recharging the car is able to cover a distance of 400 km.
Together with a conventional motor, experts installed a Tesla Model S Performance electric motor, approximately 10 times the original performance.
In addition, the place of the original 1969 VW battery was taken by a 100 kWh battery from the American Model X cross. Thanks to all these upgrades, one of the most popular pickups of the 70s can accelerate to the first “hundred” in just 5 seconds.
As the owner noted, in his own car, which he operates every day, he wanted to combine the classic Volkswagen image of the 70s with modern technology.
- The roof of the Tesla Model X electric car collapses on the move
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors