10 millionth Mini carAugust 22, 2019
This year, the Mini celebrates 60 years since the creation of the brand.
Especially for this event, a limited series of three-door hatchbacks “60 years edition”, produced in the amount of 500 copies, was prepared. One of the cars of this series turned out to be the 10 millionth car that came off the assembly line of the plant.
The company decided to celebrate such an event with a special event, which was held in the English city of Oxford.
The main exhibit was the first car of the brand, designed by English designer Alex Issigonis in 1959. At one time, due to its economy and compactness, the model was a tremendous success among buyers.
Also, at the celebration of the anniversary, we managed to collect 60 cars of each year of production, thereby recreating the chronology of the brand’s automotive industry.
The body of the “60 years edition” model, with the exception of the black glossy roof and rear-view mirrors, was painted in a lush green shade called “British green”, adding black stripes across the entire hood with the inscription 60 years. Comfortable brown leather seats with a green trim were installed in the cabin, and 17-inch wheels added completeness to the exterior. Under the hood is a 2-liter engine from the Cooper S.
- In Brazil, a bus crashed from a 35-meter bridge
- LG Chem will double its battery production to meet growing Tesla demand
- Started accepting orders for an electric car with a power reserve of 1,600 kilometers
- Honda will stop selling cars with internal combustion engines in Europe
- Siemens and Porsche to build a climate-neutral fuel plant