Skoda Kamiq GT: the first photos of the sports crossAugust 21, 2019
In the fall, the compact crossover in the sports version will be officially presented. Now the model is being tested and certified in the Chinese market, and the first photos appeared in Chinese publications.
The Chinese division of Skoda is preparing for the presentation of its new version of the compact Kamiq crossover. In the fall, the GT sport modification will enter the market. The first photos of the future news appeared on the web. Moreover, photo spies managed to capture the prototype on road tests without any camouflage.
As could be expected, the crossover received a more aggressive body kit. The front of the crossover with the prefix GT refers to the European hatchback Scala. A new rear optics also appeared.
Nevertheless, there is nothing more from sports in the new Skoda Kamiq GT except for the body kit and, probably, the new interior trim. As a power unit, a regular 1.5-liter 110-strong (146 Nm) aspirated engine, as well as a 1.2-liter turbo engine for 116 forces (175 Nm of torque) will be used.
Unfortunately, the novelty will be offered only in the Chinese market. The debut should take place in the fall, then the price tag will become known.
- NHTSA will allow manufacturers to choose any “voice acting” for electric vehicles
- Modellista launches line of components for tuning the new Toyota Corolla
- Audi will be headed by the director of one of the BMW divisions
- The next Bugatti model will not become an SUV
- The new Jaguar F-Type will become a mid-engine electric car