See how an electric Ford F-150 tows a 450-ton loadJuly 23, 2019
A line of railway cars was attached to a pickup truck.
Ford tested the prototype of the all-electric F-150 pickup in action: the car managed to get ten dozen double-deck cars to move.
The first pickup checked on empty cars. Electric F-150 stood at the beginning of the column on the rails and easily moved the multi-ton cargo from its place. Then, 42 copies of the Ford F-150 2019 model year were installed on the cargo platforms, as a result of which the total weight increased to a million pounds (over 450 tons). Pickup coped with this task.
The company confirmed its plans for the production of a serial F-150 with an electrical power plant at the beginning of this year, but the technical details about the new product are still kept secret. It can be assumed that the pickup will acquire an electric modification after the generation change, which is scheduled for 2020. Next year, the hybrid version is also expected to appear on the market.
- Kia showed the interior of the new Mohave
- Land Rover Discovery completes African Malaria Expedition
- Volkswagen spoke about a new pickup that will be cheaper than Amarok
- The network has fresh photos of the updated Hyundai Elantra sedan
- Patriot Campers revealed a new version of the X1-N trailer