Seat model premiere – soon at the Geneva Motor ShowFebruary 26, 2019
The electric model is based on the same MEB Volkswagen Group “mother” platform as the VW ID and Skoda Vision E SUV.
The unnamed first electric car Seat, which will be presented at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2019, will have the same MEB platform, which was developed by the Volkswagen Group for all brands, including the VW ID hatchback and the electric crossover Skoda Vision E SUV, reports Autocar.
“We are the second after Volkswagen brand using the MEB platform. Thus, we demonstrate how we see the role of Seat, ”said the head of Seat, Luca de Meo.
According to the head of Seat Design Alejandro Mesonero, the concept of the first electric car Seat based on MEB is already 97% ready, that is, a production car is also not far off. He added that over the past five or six years, engineers at Seat have proven that they can “cook very well” with the right ingredients. This, in particular, demonstrated the success of the Leon model.
The electric car of the Spanish brand is slightly higher than the VW ID Hatch, but lower than the Skoda SUV, so it is rather closer to crossovers. Seat plans to launch an electric SUV, but it will appear after Skoda does.
- The quietest drift performed by Nissan Skyline with a motor from Tesla
- Miniature Land Rover with camper will be auctioned
- Tokyo auto show will show a special variation of Honda Vezel
- Nissan officially unveiled a new generation of crossover Juke
- Geely Icon is completely declassified: photo of the salon and approximate cost