Schumacher Jr. can perform on the tests F-1 in BahrainFebruary 26, 2019
Is it true that Mick will take part in the April tests for beginners? Well, at least Frederick Wasser, the boss of the Alfa Romeo team, acknowledged that such conversations were taking place.
The son of the legendary racer Michael Schumacher from January this year is included in the support program for Ferrari. So he may well get behind the wheel of a new C38 Alfa Romeo Racing car after the Bahrain Grand Prix. And this is the first time that he will be driving a Formula 1 car.
“So far, the decision was not made. Now there are negotiations with Ferrari,” – quoted Vasseur foreign sources. When asked whether the 19-year-old racer is ready for the F-1 novice tests, the manager answered: “He is absolutely ready for them. You can talk about something else after the tests if he participates. We prefer to move forward gradually” .
Interestingly, the name of the third pilot “Alfa Romeo” is still not known. And according to the FIA rules, test pilots or third team pilots may perform tests after Bahrain. Also, if the German shows himself well on these tests, he will be able to speak at the following, after the Spanish Grand Prix, but already for the Ferrari.
- The quietest drift performed by Nissan Skyline with a motor from Tesla
- Miniature Land Rover with camper will be auctioned
- Tokyo auto show will show a special variation of Honda Vezel
- Nissan officially unveiled a new generation of crossover Juke
- Geely Icon is completely declassified: photo of the salon and approximate cost