Rumors: Ocon will replace Grosjean driving HaasJuly 18, 2019
The Haas team confidently performed at the first stage of the season in Melbourne, but has since earned points only twice – in Spain and Monaco.
Such results do not suit either team leader Günter Steiner or her owner Gene Haas. Things got even worse when on the first lap of the race at Silverstone Roman Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen ran into each other, which led to a mutual descent.
According to rumors in the paddock, which publishes GPBlog, the collision of Kevin and Roman so impaired Steiner that he even called Haas to dismiss one of the pilots. Apparently, the threat looms over Roman Grosjean, who earned just two points this season and consistently inferior partner.
The main candidate for the replacement is considered a backup driver Mercedes Esteban Ocon. Gunter Steiner highly appreciates the young Frenchman and believes that he will cope better with the work than the current pilots of the team. According to unconfirmed information, Ocon can get behind the wheel of a car Grosjean before the summer break – at the German Grand Prix or the Hungarian Grand Prix.
- Kia showed the interior of the new Mohave
- Land Rover Discovery completes African Malaria Expedition
- Volkswagen spoke about a new pickup that will be cheaper than Amarok
- The network has fresh photos of the updated Hyundai Elantra sedan
- Patriot Campers revealed a new version of the X1-N trailer