Renault broke the record Nurburgring among front-wheel drive carsMay 26, 2019
Charged hatchback Renault Megane R.S. Trophy-R has set a new record for the North Loop Nürburgring among production cars with front-wheel drive. Check in video posted on YouTube.
Renault Megane R.S. Trophy-R is equipped with a 1.8-liter “turbotverdverkoy”, developing 300 liters. with. and 400 N · m of torque. Hot hatch is different from the standard Megane R.S. Trophy lightweight 130 kg design. In particular, the engineers abandoned the rear row of seats and parts of noise insulation. In addition, they replaced conventional windows with organic glass and installed a roll cage.
The hatchback was able to drive a 20.6-kilometer German track in 7 minutes and 40.1 seconds. Recall the former record of the “North loop” among front-wheel drive cars belonged to the 320-strong Honda Civic Type R, which drove the track in 7 minutes. and 43.8 seconds.
- Acura recalls its powerful cars with a new concept
- BMW tests wireless charging for 530e electric cars
- Ferrari seeks new owner for racing boat with engine
- Presented off-road version of the 2020 Ford Ranger 2WD pickup truck
- Mini has already collected more than 45 thousand orders for the electric Cooper SE