New Mercedes GLS is being tested in the desertMay 10, 2019
According to official reports, it became known that the model is undergoing special tests of hydropneumatic suspension in the harshest off-road conditions, dust and sand. Details can be seen on the official video.
The German brand Mercedes-Benz is conducting the most difficult tests of the GLS-Class crossover. At the moment, the work is tested the latest intellectual hydropneumatic suspension. This system constantly scans and analyzes the road in front of the car, after which it automatically changes the suspension settings depending on the conditions and necessity.
According to the engineers, this allows you to increase controllability at speed, control roll in corners and bumps, and change the settings of each wheel individually. Another feature is the help when sticking a car in the sand. Thanks to the suspension, the car can “jump out” and sway, helping the driver cope with the sand.
Meanwhile, the network showed the updated unique Mercedes-Benz G500 4×4 convertible. The car has recently only possesses a tented roof, with lowered risers, a powerful off-road suspension and many additional improvements.
- At the Nurburgring, a prototype of the high-performance BMW M3 was again seen
- Honda has another electric crossover
- The new Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series appeared on renderings
- Lexus clarifies the cost of a motor yacht LY 650 before the early start of sales
- NHTSA will allow manufacturers to choose any “voice acting” for electric vehicles