Mercedes showed a rival for Tesla Model SJune 4, 2019
The model was named Mercedes EQE. It is expected that it will be released around 2021 and will be located below the flagship model EQS in the Mercedes electric range.
In addition to these two models, the EQ line will include EQC, EQV, EQB and the compact EQA hatchback, which will be positioned as an entry-level model.
Information on the new electric sedan was obtained from documentation published by the Chinese Ministry of Information and Technology. Mercedes EQE has the code designation “V295”. It will be shorter than the E-Class sedan, but the space in the cabin will be comparable to the S-Class models. Ground clearance will also be lower.
The model will make extensive use of lightweight materials, such as aluminum, to compensate for the weight of batteries.
The electric car will be available exclusively with the all-wheel drive system: one electric motor will drive the front wheels, and the other – the rear wheels. At the stage of consideration is a sports model with rear wheel drive, which can be expected no earlier than 2022.
The total power of the electrical system will be 402 hp, torque will reach 762 Nm. The projected course range will be at 600 km.
- New Mobile Home Advanced RV Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
- Triumph Daytona Moto2 765 debuted at Silverstone
- The first images of the charged Audi RS6 sedan appeared on the web
- According to Richard Hammond, Ford Ranger Raptor will solve the problem of midlife crisis
- Tuners presented Lamborgini Huracan with manual transmission