Jaguar Land Rover machines will learn how to earn cryptocurrencyApril 29, 2019
Employees of the new software development center Jaguar Land Rover are testing Smart Wallet technology, which will allow drivers to earn cryptocurrency while driving. Bonuses will be charged for providing information about traffic jams or pits, and you can spend them, for example, to pay for travel on toll roads.
The development of the online service is carried out within the program Destination Zero – zero accidents, zero congestion and zero emissions. Smart Wallet users will need to enable the automatic sending of traffic information or pits to local services or navigation service providers. A reward will be charged for this: you can spend it on paying for parking, charging an electric car or buying goods from JLR partners.
Smart Wallet is based on Distributed Ledger technology and is an autonomous transaction system. A feature of the technology is the sharing and synchronization of digital data with the simultaneous distribution of equivalent copies of the registry between each of the nodes in the system. According to forecasts, by 2025 the number of devices supporting this technology will increase to 75 billion.
- Acura recalls its powerful cars with a new concept
- BMW tests wireless charging for 530e electric cars
- Ferrari seeks new owner for racing boat with engine
- Presented off-road version of the 2020 Ford Ranger 2WD pickup truck
- Mini has already collected more than 45 thousand orders for the electric Cooper SE