Hycan – joint electric brand GAC and NioAugust 21, 2019
The first electric crossover from the joint venture will appear at the end of this year. True, its name is still unknown, but it is known that Hycan stands for “Here you can”
GAC and Nio created their company last year, and now, more than a year later, their first production electric car will appear. The prototype was first shown in May at an exhibition in Hangzhou, then it was known about it that on one charge it would be able to travel more than 600 km on the NEDC cycle. Manufacturers did not consider it necessary to report any more information. Unless they reported the start of sales in early 2020.
But if you take a closer look at the presented cross, you will notice that it is most likely built on the basis of one of the GAC models. But Nio will provide it with intelligent electronics and technologies regarding energy consumption.
Note that the management of GAC-Nio New Energy Technology Co., Ltd. talks about his collaboration as co-creation and plans to deal with electric cars and everything that concerns them, including research, own developments and sales. In addition, the joint venture plans to create an ecosystem for travel, no matter what it means.
- Lexus clarifies the cost of a motor yacht LY 650 before the early start of sales
- NHTSA will allow manufacturers to choose any “voice acting” for electric vehicles
- Modellista launches line of components for tuning the new Toyota Corolla
- Audi will be headed by the director of one of the BMW divisions
- The next Bugatti model will not become an SUV