Hybrid cross Renault / Dacia Duster may be on the wayAugust 21, 2019
Increasingly stringent environmental standards are forcing automakers to upgrade power plants. However, Dacia (we have some Renault models) over the past 20 years has not taken a single step in this direction.
Soon, the Romanian brand Dacia (owned by Renault) may have problems in Europe. If the company urgently does not start producing more environmentally friendly models, it will face heavy fines. Already in the next few years, the automaker needs to reduce the overall level of carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere. But there is no official information about the movement in this direction yet.
Experts suggest that a hybrid version of the Dacia / Renault Duster should be presented soon. At least, recent photos of the mysterious prototype speak of this. Unfortunately, there is no official information yet. However, the company has no choice but to go towards electrification.
The experience of the Renault-Nissan parental alliance will help her in this. It is hard to imagine that Dacia will remain aloof from general trends, despite the budget segment of the market. It can be assumed that the first hybrids and the first electric car will appear within a couple of years.
- The new Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series appeared on renderings
- Lexus clarifies the cost of a motor yacht LY 650 before the early start of sales
- NHTSA will allow manufacturers to choose any “voice acting” for electric vehicles
- Modellista launches line of components for tuning the new Toyota Corolla
- Audi will be headed by the director of one of the BMW divisions