Ford says drone life is only 4 yearsAugust 29, 2019
Many believe that after the start of sales of fully autonomous cars, the demand for them will increase significantly and, as a result, will fall on the usual transport with human control. However, the American company Ford believes otherwise.
The company explains that the life of the drones will be approximately 4 years. The company expects that there will still be no strong demand for unmanned vehicles, taxi services, various cargo deliveries, car sharing and other companies will start using them in the first place.
According to the director of the department for the development of unmanned vehicles, John Rich, autonomous cars will not stand idle in the parking lot, they will be in constant motion, engaged, for example, in transportation. Because of this, they will wear out very quickly. At the moment, Ford has already begun developing a model of unmanned vehicles with a four-year life cycle.
However, while the average age of cars on US roads is increasing. At the beginning of 2019, the figure was within 11.8 years – this is the highest figure in the country since 2002. It is worth noting that in Russia, according to the data of 2018, the average age of passenger cars is 13.1 years, and in 2017 – 12.9 years.
- The popularity of the Ferrari brand has decreased by a third over the past decade
- Hybrid crossover Lamborghini Urus will be the most powerful model of the brand
- Toyota invests heavily in artificial intelligence and robotics
- Automakers face new production challenge
- Production of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 may be delayed