Experts named the most popular automotive colors in 2018January 28, 2019
A company specializing in the production of paints and varnishes took up the study of this issue. Such annual reports for BASF have become a good tradition.
BASF Coatings told which car colors were the most popular last year. It turned out that in most cases, automakers opted for achromatic colors. Such shades can not be obtained by mixing the primary colors. It is white, black, silver and gray. According to experts, they accounted for about 80% of the cars sold in the 2018th. The palm here is winning the color white.
This shade is especially popular among the motorists of the Middle Kingdom. If, on the whole, snow white cars account for just over 40% of buyers, in China their number grows to 60%.
Interestingly, the prevalence of white color affects not only aesthetics, but also the financial side. As a rule, you do not need to pay extra for this basic shade.
The second place belongs to black cars (16%), and the top three are car painted in gray (13%). About nine percent accounted for silver cars, eight passes on the blue and its shades, and seven – on the red. Brown cars figured in only two percent of transactions. About a percentage of green, purple, orange and golden color.
- The quietest drift performed by Nissan Skyline with a motor from Tesla
- Miniature Land Rover with camper will be auctioned
- Tokyo auto show will show a special variation of Honda Vezel
- Nissan officially unveiled a new generation of crossover Juke
- Geely Icon is completely declassified: photo of the salon and approximate cost