Electric cars Rivian will be charged from each otherJune 7, 2019
Also for cars the removable auxiliary battery is provided
Electric Rivian SUVs can be recharged from each other. In addition, the company patented another solution that will increase mileage on a single charge, – said Rivian CEO Robert Scaring in an interview with Western journalists.
Rivian is positioning its electric cars as “cars for adventure”, so the developers have provided the possibility of charging cars from each other, Scaring told The Drive. This can be useful when cars are away from charging stations, for example, in one of the national parks.
In addition, Rivian has patented a system of removable modular auxiliary batteries. They can be installed in the back of a pickup truck, where the connectors and cooling circuits will be drawn. The patent application describes the installation of both vertical and horizontal battery packs.
So far, Rivian has uncovered two twin models, the R1S and R1T. Both are equipped with four electric motors with a total power of 760 horsepower and are able to drive 645 kilometers on a single charge. The third model of the Rivian will be an electric hatchback in the style of rallycross cars.
- New Mobile Home Advanced RV Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
- Triumph Daytona Moto2 765 debuted at Silverstone
- The first images of the charged Audi RS6 sedan appeared on the web
- According to Richard Hammond, Ford Ranger Raptor will solve the problem of midlife crisis
- Tuners presented Lamborgini Huracan with manual transmission